The Spirit Series Circuit Selector Switch (CSS) was designed to provide an economical solution for indoor or outdoor circuit switching applications.
The Spirit Series L-847 Circuit Selector Switch is designed to switch the output of a 6.6 or 20A constant current regulator into one or more series lighting loops. Control can be from the CSS (local) or from a control and monitoring system (remote).
Typical applications include:
• Switching of PAPI, VASIS, and approach circuits from one approach end to the opposite end. Reduces number of regulators required in half.
• Provides individual control of multiple small circuits from a single regulator (ie. taxiways). Allows standardization of regulator sizes while still providing individual circuit control.
• Control of stopbars, lead-on lights and directional taxiway centerlines as part of a Surface Movement and Guidance Control System (SMGCS).
- FAA: AC 150/5345-5B, Sep 14/06, Type L-847.
- Transport Canada Standards.
- Canadian Department of National Defence Standards.
- ICAO: Aerodrome Design Manual Doc 9157, Part 5.