Airfield Lighting Engineering Seminar
Airfield lighting engineering seminar for the Americas
Date: Usually held every other year
Time: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Columbus, Ohio USA
Cost: TBD / Optional Testing (for CEUs): $350.00
Program Capacity: 40
We anticipate holding the next Engineering Seminar in 2018.
To sign up for our seminar email notification list, please send a request with your contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course covers everything from the basic theory and operation of airfield lighting products to their integration into an overall control and monitoring system using the latest state-of-the-art technologies, our Engineering Seminar also presents information on recent developments in surface movement guidance and control systems. At ADB SAFEGATE, every seminar offers new information and techniques to help you streamline your airport lighting operations. You will take away new ideas for achieving greater energy efficiency and lower maintenance costs.
Who Should Attend?
Tailored specifically to professional engineers and consultants active in airport development, the Engineering Seminar will cover the most important topics that the airport design professional needs to know today.
ADB SAFEGATE is pleased to offer a 3-day Airfield Engineering Seminar. An optional online Certification Test can be taken the morning of the 4th day or online within one week of the seminar. Cost for the 3-day seminar is TBD with the optional CEU testing at an additional $350.00. ADB SAFEGATE is authorized by IACET to offer 2.4 CEUs for this program. To earn CEUs, participants are required to attend the full seminar and successfully complete the Certification Test.
ADB SAFEGATE Americas, LLC (ADB SAFEGATE) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). ADB SAFEGATE complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, ADB SAFEGATE is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
Program Learning Objectives
- Identify airfield lighting product specifications used by various organizations (FAA/Military/ICAO).
- Recognize the key performance parameters required of a FAA Constant Current Regulator (CCR) or a SwitchGear Regulator System (SGRS).
- Comprehend the operational theory of airfield series circuits.
- Given the load for various series circuit components, accurately calculate the actual CCR load using a calculator.
- Evaluate the operational and maintenance differences between airfield incandescent and LED lighting.
- Determine the appropriate control and monitoring system (including PC-based or PLC-based L-890 systems and L-821 Control Panels) that should be used at an airport based on the airport's operational requirements.
- Identify the operational characteristics of various airfield lighting products including L-830 Isolation Transformers, L-847 Circuit Selectors, L-849 REILs, L-880/L-881 PAPIs, L-854 Radio Controls, L-858 signs, In-pavement lights, Elevated lights, Stop Bars and Runway Guard Lights.
- Examine the methods to properly develop design specifications/drawings for airfield lighting equipment, including base cans.
The only prerequisite is a basic understanding of electrical theory. This includes a basic understanding of electrical concepts such as resistance, capacitance and inductance, series and parallel circuits, Ohm’s law, DC circuits, AC circuits and Power Factor. This program is designed for professional engineers and consultants interested in increasing their knowledge about airfield lighting electrical theory and the operation, design and installation of various airfield lighting products.
Detailed Program Information
Read more about the topics covered in ADB SAFEGATE's Airfield Lighting Engineering Seminar and get the complete list of learner objectives
View a sample class schedule for the Airfield Lighting Engineering Seminar
Meals and Accommodations
Breakfast is provided at the hotel each morning. Check with the hotel at check-in for breakfast and shuttle bus locations. A shuttle will leave the hotel at 8:15 a.m. to take attendees to the ADB SAFEGATE facility. Lunch and breaks are provided and refreshments will be available all day. Dinner is on your own. The shuttle will return to the hotel after class.
Please remember when making return travel plans, the third day of the three-day seminar will not end until 5:00 p.m. If you are scheduled to take the optional CEU test on the 4th day, the room for the test will be available from 8:30 to noon and boxed lunches will be provided.
The optional test will take approximately 3 hours. You may take the CEU test online after the seminar if needed. We will have a limited number of loaner laptops available to use, and attendees are encouraged to bring their own laptop to take the certification test.
Dress is casual. You will receive two (2) large 3” binders to take home. Please make sure you have room for them in your luggage.
Hotel information – to be determined once seminar location is selected.
Sessions are conducted by in-house experts with rich industry experience:
Support Services for the Americas
If you have questions or require support regarding our seminars for the Americas, please contact Brenda Schumick at 614-573-8218 or email@example.com.