The Spirit Series Ferroresonant Constant Current Regulator (CCR) provides the benefits of our Freedom Series ferroresonant CCR in a more economical standalone package. With powerful control and monitoring capabilities, it is designed for airports operating from VFR to CAT III conditions. The Spirit Series CCR uses the same proven hardware and firmware used in our Freedom Series CCR and is a result of forty years experience in airfield lighting power and control solutions.
Ferroresonant CCRs are recommended for series circuits that have oscillating loads, where low output harmonic content is desired, or when used with powerline carrier control technology. Applications include:
• General aviation, commercial, and military airports operating in VFR to CAT IIIb visibility conditions.
• Runway and taxiway edge lighting, centerline lighting, signs, approach systems, PAPI, VASIS.
• Flashing loads including series-powered ALSF or SSALR strobes, ODALs, REILs, LAHSO, Runway Guard Lights.
• Surface Movement and GuidanceControl Systems (SMGCS) using powerline carrier technology to control and monitor individual lamps or segments.
The Spirit Series Circuit Selector Switch (CSS) was designed to provide an economical solution for indoor or outdoor circuit switching applications.
The Spirit Series L-847 Circuit Selector Switch is designed to switch the output of a 6.6 or 20A constant current regulator into one or more series lighting loops. Control can be from the CSS (local) or from a control and monitoring system (remote).
Typical applications include:
• Switching of PAPI, VASIS, and approach circuits from one approach end to the opposite end. Reduces number of regulators required in half.
• Provides individual control of multiple small circuits from a single regulator (ie. taxiways). Allows standardization of regulator sizes while still providing individual circuit control.
• Control of stopbars, lead-on lights and directional taxiway centerlines as part of a Surface Movement and Guidance Control System (SMGCS).
ADB SAFEGATE’s LF8-LF9 Ferroresonant Constant Current Regulator (CCR) was designed to provide an economical solution for powering airfield lighting series circuits at General Aviation and commercial airports. With powerful control and monitoring capabilities, it is also ideally suited for airports operating in CAT II or III conditions. The LF8-LF9 CCR uses the same proven hardware and firmware used in our Freedom Series CCR.
The LF8-LF9 CCR offers digital control for precise waveform accuracy, high-speed response, and local data storage using Digital Signal Processor technology. The digital operator interface provides full monitoring, diagnostics, and alarm indication. Dedicated status LEDs provide clear indication of warning and fault conditions. All CCRs are user configurable, including selection of 1 to 5 brightness steps, output current adjustment, selection of monitoring features, operational parameters and alarm set points.
Find a local representative
If your product is not listed, use our sales contact tool to locate a representative near you!Contact us